Monday, November 19, 2012

Respect For Pole Class Please

While traditions vary among different dojos, the approach to martial arts training is generally one of respect for the space, the teacher and the practice.  This is also true of yoga studios, which frequently offer classes in exchange for seva (or service).


But, in my experience, this is not as true of pole dance studios. And personally, I think that is a shame.  Not only do I think it is a shame, I think it does a disservice to students, the teachers and to the pole industry.  Maybe I’m old-fashioned.  Maybe I take my pole dancing a little too seriously.   But I think pole dancing is not just about you – it’s about the community a studio creates.

Read more from my latest blog at Bad Kitty Exoticwear!

And don't forget to vote for my blog in the 10K Scholarship competition HERE! 
Vote for Claire!

2 comments:

  1. i wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying. yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anyway to convince my parents that pole dancing is good exercise?
    Private Dance Lessons

    ReplyDelete